HPass is a new initiative focusing on professional development in the humanitarian sector. It is a digital platform where key players can meet: humanitarian workers and volunteers, learning and assessment providers, and employers.
With HPass, any humanitarian, whether they be a volunteer or an experienced field worker, will have the opportunity to have their current experience recognised throughout the sector. HPass is also an opportunity for learning and assessment providers to join a global platform, sign up to the sector-recognised standards and provide digital credentials using Open Badges for both learners completing their courses and people whose competencies are being assessed.
HPass will also be accessible by humanitarian employers, who will be able to search for individuals by their skills and experience. This will increase the speed and efficiency of recruitment during an emergency or to meet ongoing operational needs.
HPass will be a digital “one-stop shop” to:
- Give humanitarians a space to showcase their experience and skills
- Be recognised with digital credentials for experiences and skills they already have and skills they are building
- Get training, assessment and career development opportunities
- Help HR professionals recruit more efficiently
- Bring learning and assessment providers into globally recognised humanitarian standards.
HPass is piloting the service in 2018 (April to September) and will launch the service in early 2019.
HPass is brought to you by a group of humanitarian organisations that are passionate about learning and ensuring that the sector grows and is recognised for its skills and experience.