Quality review and HPass Certified Status
The HPass Quality Review provides an opportunity for learning and assessment providers to receive external validation, through a review of the provision of learning and assessment services. Organisations which pass the HPass Quality Review gain HPass Certified status.
Benefits of HPass Certified status
- demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to providing quality learning and/ or assessment services
- recognition that your organisation provides services that conform to the requirements of either, or both, of the Learning Standards and Standards for the Assessment of Humanitarian Competencies
- be at the forefront of the professionalisation of the humanitarian sector, contributing to raising standards of learning and assessment
- the opportunity to be a part of a global network of learning and assessment providers who are meeting the Quality Standards.
- display the HPass Certified Status logo on promotional and learning materials
Additionally, all organisations who undertake a Quality Review, whether they pass or not, will receive a detailed report outlining strengths and weaknesses within their learning or assessment services.
Even if you decide not to receive validation of the services delivered by your organisation, the Quality Standards can help your organisation to be more effective and achieve improved results through your learning and assessment provisions.
Undertaking a Quality Review
Before you undertake a Quality Review, your organisation might choose to access the HPass Quality Standards – Support Services which provides dedicated support to integrate the standards into your practice, or to address a particular support need you have identified.
Alternatively, if you have read through the Quality Manual and are confident that your organisation is meeting the Quality Standards, you can apply for an external Quality Review. Larger organisations can apply for a specific department to be reviewed, rather than the whole organisation.
To apply for a Quality Review, please familiarise yourself with the process as outlined in the Quality Manual and complete the self-assessment. To access these documents please click here. If you have any questions concerning the self-assessment process, please do contact us. Completed assessment forms should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Review Costs
The Quality Reviews are undertaken by Pearson, with the final decision being taken by an approval committee. The costs for undertaking a Quality Review are outlined below.
HPass Certification lasts for 12 months from the outcome date. Organisations wishing to maintain their Certification status are required to undertake a mini-review annually. A more in-depth review is required every three years.
|Small Organisations||Large Organisations|
|(annual turnover <5 million GDP)||(annual turnover 5> million GDP)|
|Initial review and in-depth review (every three years)||Annual mini-review for Certified organisations||Initial review and in-depth review (every three years)||Annual mini-review for Certified organisations|
|£2190||£875 (remote review)||£2500||£1000 (remote review)|