Will you be a 2022 HPass Learner of the Year?!
It’s that time of year again…. will you be an HPass Learner of the Year?!
HPass Humanitarian Learner of the Year is awarded to people who have shown dedication to developing their humanitarian skills and knowledge, as evidenced by the number of badges on their myHPass profile. The badge demonstrates to employers and peers that the individual has been recognised among over 24,000 myHPass users as showing particular commitment to advancing their learning in the humanitarian field.
This year, myHPass users can be recognised at Bronze, Silver or Gold level, dependent on the number of badges they have earned during 2022. This will be based on the number of badges added to the myHPass profile during the year, from January 1st to December 31st.
- Bronze: 20 badges
- Silver: 30 badges
- Gold: 50 badges
HPass Learner of the Year badges will be awarded in January 2023, and we look forward to celebrating your achievements!
In order to be eligible, make sure you have:
- Completed your myHPass profile and made it public
- Made all your individual badges public
Need some inspiration for badges to earn? Check out these links:
- Introduction to the Core Humanitarian Standard: Essential for any humanitarian to understand the principles which underpin our work.
- Sphere in Practice: Comprehensive, assessed, case study-based training on how to implement the Sphere Standards throughout our work.
- FIELD Programme: Comprehensive Learning Pathway offering a wide range of badged courses relevant to FIELD Managers
- Education in Emergencies: Pathway covering a wide range of badged technical courses on Education in Emergencies
- Humanitarian Operations Programme: A complete introduction to humanitarian operations for those new to the sector or transitioning from development work.
- Courses from RedR UK* covering a wide range of humanitarian topics.
- Courses from Bioforce* covering a wide range of humanitarian topics.
- Introduction to Disaster Risk Financing. An introduction to how pre-financing can support disaster-preparedness, from Start Network
- Interpersonal Skills for Career Success. Practice and receive feedback on your interview, public-speaking and mentoring skills in this course which enables you to record yourself speaking.
- Wellness & Resilience for Frontline Workers: A course enabling humanitarian workers to manage stress and build personal resilience.
- Personal Field Security Training (OTHER SOLUTIONS)*: Full preparation for humanitarians to be deployed in insecure environments.
- Personal Safety Awareness Training (International Location Safety)*: All the key learning objectives of a Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) course, apart from the simulations or face-to-face interaction (which can be gained through a one-day face-to-face course, also offered by ILS).
- Getting to Zero Emissions with Building Energy Codes (Global Buildings Performance Network)
- Project DPro Certification*: Earn your badge and become a certified development project manager.
- Cash & Voucher Assistance Fundamentals: All the basics of Cash & Voucher Assistance, offered by the Cash Learning Partnership.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Certification*, offered by Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance & Protection (PHAP)
*Courses and certifications with an asterisk may involve a fee payable to the provider