HPass for Individuals
Through HPass, humanitarians can store, display and share their achievements online, in the form of digital badges. Badges can be displayed publicly (or kept private if you so choose), and shared on a CV, via a link, on social media, or in an e-signature. As recruitment processes become more automated, being able to demonstrate your skills in digital form is essential in order to remain visible to recruiters and in candidate searches.
HPass digital badges are issued by various providers and provide professionally verified recognition of skills and experience in a range of areas, from technical skills to project management.
To join the thousands of humanitarians using HPass digital badging, humanitarians can set up a myHPass profile here. Or you may want to start by taking a course and earning a digital badge, after which you will be prompted to set up a profile.
Here are some badges you could start with:
Or visit kayaconnect.org and type ‘digital badge’ into the course catalogue to see what comes up!
What is a digital badge?
- A digital badge can be displayed in the following ways:
- as part of a badge portfolio on myHPass
- as a link on a CV
- Via social media,
- When someone clicks on the badge it displays the metadata, explaining exactly what the recipient has done to earn the badge
- Learners can earn badges from a range of different providers and display them as part of their myHPass portfolio
- HPass badges are earned in a variety of ways. Often they are earned by completing online courses offered by your employer or humanitarian learning provider. Some organisations also offer them in recognition of workplace achievements, practical experience or participation in an advisory group.
See below for some examples to get you started
How does it work?
- Set up a myHPass profile here
- Complete a course or take an assessment which offers a digital badge (click on the badges below to see examples)
- Receive an email prompting you to claim your badge
- Claim your badge and display it as part of your myHPass profile (you will be prompted to set this up)
- Share your badge via social media or as a link on your CV
- Earn further badges to develop your portfolio on myHPass
HPass champions your learning
At HPass we want to highlight your achievements. Each month we publicise the profile of an active HPass user on social media, and we reward HPass Learners of the Year who have shown outstanding commitment to learning and development. We will always seek your permission before publicising your profile.